Friday, February 3, 2017

Going North

I've accepted a new job, beginning in the 2017-18 academic year, as the Stephen A. Jarislowsky Chair in Central Banking in the Economics Department at Western University (a.k.a. the University of Western Ontario), London, Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity for me, but it comes with regrets, as I have to leave a lot behind here in St. Louis. The St. Louis Fed has treated me very well. Some of the best economists anywhere work at the St. Louis Fed, and the institution is run by first-rate people. I'll miss the advice, the economics, and the always-interesting policy work. But I'm very much looking forward to working with my new (and old) colleagues at Western. Special thanks go to Stephen Jarislowsky and the Jarislowsky Foundation for their generous support.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! Please keep blogging!

    David Barker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for a well-deserved chaired professorship! I hope this will not dampen your insights on US monetary policy. And, looking forward to a sixth edition of your textbook at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sixth edition is out. https://www.pearsonhighered.com/program/Williamson-Macroeconomics-6th-Edition/PGM333302.html
      Except I have to get them to correct my affiliation. Haven't worked there in three years.

      Delete
    2. Ah, nice! I should contact my Pearson rep; they never mentioned anything so I am still using the fifth.

      Delete